The U.G. Department of Commerce (E-Commerce) was established in the year 2009.
The UG Department of Commerce with E-Commerce was established in the year June 2009 with two faculty members. The Department offers B.Com with E-Commerce (Bachelor of Commerce with Electronic Commerce) a three-year degree program. The main objective of the course is to integrate a balance between objective learning and practical learning. Students can develop a strong E-Commerce foundation to apply and refine their knowledge to the ‘Digital world’. The syllabus is updated every year to meet the present needs of the students.
The UG Department of Commerce with E-Commerce has 3 Classrooms. In our Department, We have 2 Systems with Internet Facilities and we maintained department library with text books and general knowledge books.
- E-assignments given to the students
- Role-play method, Case studies, Quiz , debate, Skits, and group discussions are conducted to enrich the knowledge of the students
- PowerPoint’s presentations used
- Online trading, Cyber law, Online ticket reservation has been included in the curriculum
- Community Service Programs on a regular basis
- Regular Current Affairs sessions conducted in last ten minutes
- Inter department meet and E-Commerce Expo have been organized
- Subscribing English newspaper to the students to improve their communication skills
- Faculty with Ph.D. Awarded: 1
- Faculty with M. Phil Awarded: 4
- Faculty Pursuing Ph.D.: 3
|Sl.No||Name of Faculty||Funding Agency||Amount allocated||Status|
|1||Dr. M. V. Sathiyabama||UGC||1,35,000||Completed|