The department of business administration (formerly business management) was established in the year 1996 as a self finance program. The allotted strength was 48 and from 2010-11 onwards the strength was enhanced to 60. The present strength in total is 175 with 88 girls and 87 boys.
The main idea of the programme is to develop general knowledge through core managerial subjects as follows.
- Marketing Management,
- Production Management,
- Human Relations management,
- Financial Management,
- Investment and portfolio Management, In addition the programme includes Skill based Elective Subjects,
- Logistics Management,
- Services Marketing,
- Rural Consumer Behavior.
Project work in the final semester and industrial visits to various industries help them to become familiarize with the managerial practices.
Teaching methods adopted by the faculty for different programmes
- Chalk & talk, LCD projector
- The department ensures that programme objectives are constantly met with regular contact classes, Industrial visits and Guest lectures.
- Learning outcomes measured through periodical tests and seminars and assignment submission