UGC REGULATIONS ON CURBING THE MENACE OF RAGGING IN HIGHER EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS, 2009. (under Section 26 (1)(g) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956)
WARNING ON RAGGING
The Tamilnadu Prohibition of Ragging Act No.7 of 1997 is in force and hence Ragging is prohibited inside and outside the College. Those who get involved directly or indirectly in ragging by any means such as teasing, abusing, playing practical jokes etc., causing physical and mental annoyance will be dismissed immediately from the College. The following punishments will be given to those who indulge in ragging:
- Punishments for Ragging
- Cancellation of admission.
- Suspension from attending classes.
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits.
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process.
- Withholding results.
- Debarring from representing the institution i
- any national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel.
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from one to four semesters.
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other Institution.
- Fine up to Rs.2,50,000/-.
- Rigorous imprisonment up to seven years.
- While the first 10 types of punishment can be awarded by the appropriate authority of the institution itself, the last punishment can be awarded only by a court of law.
Types of Ragging Punishments
Verbal Ragging : 1 year imprisonment or fine or both. Severe Verbal Ragging : 7 years imprisonment with fine.
Physical Ragging : 7 years imprisonment with fine.
Sexual Ragging : 7 years rigorous imprisonment with fine.
The affected students are hereby instructed to make complaints to the following committee members.
Ragging Curb Committee Mobile Nos.
- Dr. R. Muthukumaran, Principal – Chairman 94420 74307
- Dr. Antony Selvadoss Thanamani, HOD of Comp. Sci. 86109 84295
- Dr. P. KrishnaThulasimani, HOD of Economics 90957 99547
- Thiru. K. Srinivasan, Associate Professor of Comp. Science 94455 30040
- Dr. P. Maheswari, Associate Professor of Tamil 80120 05932
- Dr. M. Chithirai Selvan, Asst. Prof. of Commerce (NCC Caretaker) 99427 43343
- Dr. M. Rajasenathpathi, HOD of Comp. Application (PG) 98433 13728
- Dr. K. Haridas, HOD of Computer Application 98652 74250