The Department of History was started in July 1972. The Department has met with a large number of acheivements when the college was under Madras University, Rank holders were very often produced after the college came under Autonomy, Syllabus was modified and new papers were introduced to facilitate the students to face the competitive examinations successfully.
- UGC sponsored Question Bank workshop in History from 01.02.1999 to 02.02.1999.
- UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Perspectives of Indian Tourism Industry from 24.01.2007 to 25.01.2007.
- UGC sponsored National Conference on Human Excellence Through Ethics and Value Education from 03.10.2008 to 04.10.2008.
- 17th Annual Session of Tamilnadu History Congress from 8.10.2010 to 10.10.2010.
- ICHR Sponsored National Seminar on The Role of Kongu Region in the National Movement on 07.12.2012.
- 23rd Annual Conference of South Indian Numismatic Society from 05.01.2013 to 06.01.2013
- HRD Sponsored National Seminar on The Charismatic Past of Ancient Kongu 29.08.2013 to 31.08.2013.
- ICHR Sponsored National Workshop on ‘Research Project and Thesis Writing in History’ 02.03.2015 to 03.03.2015.
- In Commemoration of Diamond Jubilee Celebration College Sponsored International Conference on Contributions and Impacts of Intellectuals, Ideologists and Reformists Towards Socio-Political Transformation in 20th Century on 20.09.2017
The Ongoing Life Skill Programme is transformed as HELP Hour ( Health, Education, Life Skill Programme) . Sixth Hour Concept (Post College Hour) and Zero College Hour Concept are implemented
So that they may be more conscious of national needs committed to
- Social values
- Moral values
- Spiritual values
- National integration
- Universal brotherhood