Three Decades of NSS
The NGM NSS Cell aims at developing citizens with value based knowledge, skill, character and contributing to social transformation and national development. It induces everyone to selfless services. The first unit with 100 members began to function in the year 1972. The second, third and fourth units were started in the year 1976, 2002 and 2004 respectively. Presently, there are three NSS units serving in our institution with 300 vibrant volunteers.
Motto NOT ME, BUT YOU
- To develop the students to serve for humanity.
- To provide an opportunity to the students to know the dignity of labor, self-discipline, the qualities of patriotism and secularism.
- To channelize the youth energy to bring about changes in the society for the development of community.
- To help the villagers to earn general wisdom.
- To help the villagers to develop their economic condition to face the modern necessities
- To inculcate the community, the spirit of nationalism, self-reliance and professional culture or the betterment of both the individual and the nation.
National Cadet Corps
Dr. M. Chithirai Selvan
NCC Care Taker
An outstanding symbol of National Integration.
The NCC has its genesis in the “University Corps”, which was created under the Indian Defense Act, 1917 with the objective to train students for the Armed Forces. We offer to the students-opportunity for personal development, Incentives to achieve academics excellence, opportunity to participate in adventure activity, scholarships, opportunity to travel abroad. NCC has proved to be a patent stream in grooming tomorrow’s leaders and in channelizing the agile minds o the youth to imbibe leadership qualities, character building and discipline to make them excellent citizens.