Vision & Mission
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell of NGM, established on 5th October 2008 in accordance with NAAC guidelines, puts forth all efforts to ensure quality enhancement in every sphere of the institution, providing the best quality inputs. In 2007, NAAC accredited the college with “A” Grade in recognition of its educational services to the rural students of Pollachi, spanning a period of five decades. Continuous redesigning and consistent effectiveness in performance enabled the college get re-accredited with “A” grade once again in 2013.
To ensure quality in higher education for the youth to empower the nation
- To plan and implement systems and procedures to ensure quality in academics and non-academics
- To enhance ICT-enabled teaching-learning facility and to introduce need-based new courses
- To upgrade student support services
- To establish industry –academia linkages
- To obtain and analyse feedback from stakeholders to strengthen the curriculum and infrastructure
Functions of IQAC
- Evaluates and updates curriculum for academic excellence
- Motivates to prepare adequate teaching-learning resources and practice ICT- enabled teaching
- Encourages and guides the faculty to publish research articles in journals of repute
- Weaves diverse inputs to the academic fabric by regularly organizing Guest Lectures, Conferences, Seminars, Workshops, etc.,
- Facilitates conduct of co-curricular activities to hone the latent skills of the students and unleash their creativity
- Initiates efforts to maintain a strong relationship with Alumni, who are constantly imparting valuable inputs
- Ensures quality in administrative and academic units of the institution
- Instils moral, ethical and social responsibilities in students by organizing extension and outreach programs
- The main motive of IQAC is to encourage the students to grow in a multitude of directions. It does not focus only in grooming the student to a qualified worker, but provides the element to become a successful individual in this competitive world, by offering holistic education.
- It becomes imperative on the part of any educational institution to undergo an acid test to measure, analyze and showcase its quality sustenance. We at NGM, are now preparing ourselves for the same, by partaking in the 3rd cycle assessment.