- Vision & Mission
- Faculty Profile
- Staff Extension Activities
- Photo Gallery
“Teach everyone his real nature; power will come, glory will come,goodness will come purity will come and everything that is excellent will come” – Swami Vivekananda
- Introduction of Human Excellence Course to all First year U.G. Classes as on 02.08.2006
- Human Excellence Course was approved by Bharathiar University under Value based Course as on 16.06.2008
- Human Excellence Course for all six semesters was introduced as on 25.06.2008
- National seminar on “Human Excellence” 19.09.2008 to 20.09.2008
- New CBCS introduced, 6 – Credits allotted for Human Excellence Course 2008 – 2009
- It is a man making process.
- It provides training and exposure to youth for attaining right attitude and orientation.
- It facilitates an inner adjustment to balance reason and emotion to excel in career, life and beyond.
- It elevates to a higher level of excellence in all endeavors by training intellect and refinement of the heart.
- HEC comes under part – IV, non – major elective.
- It is a human empowerment process.
- Human Excellence is a scientific and rational approach
- Ensures Good health, Sound mind, Intellectual sharpness, character building and opens the door of job opportunities.
- Results in individual peace, prosperity leading to family, social, national and global peace.
- To Manifest the infinite Potentials
- To Conserve Energy efficiently to achieve Excellence
- To attain contentment of Life.
- To realize the Life Goals.
- Passion for excellence with right attitude
- Personal values
- Family values
- Professional values
- National values
- Global values.
|S.Jeyalakshmi||M.Com., M.A.(YHE), (H.O.D.)|
|N.Panneerselvam||M.A .(Eco), M.A.(YHE),M.Phil., DVP|
|P.Veerasithi Vinayagan||M.A.(YHE), DVP|
|V. Settu||M.Sc., DVP|
|T. Kalyani||M.A.(YHE), DVP|
|1||Personal Values||I semester||09HEC01|
|2||Family Values||II semester||09HEC02|
|3||Yoga Practical Paper -1||II semester||09HECP01|
|End of first year||2 credits|
|4||Professional Values||III semester||09HEC03|
|5||Social Values||IV semester||09HEC04|
|6||Yoga Practical Paper – 2||IV semester||09HECP02|
|End of second year||2 credits|
|7||National Values||V semester||09HEC05|
|8||Global Values||VI semester||09HEC06|
|9||Yoga Practical Paper – 3||VII semester||09HECP03|
|End of third year||2 credits|
|Total number of credits||6 credits|
Achievement of the Department
- Spiritual trip – Aliyar on 27.06.2007.
- N.G.M. Yoga centre was inaugurated on 14.08.2007.
- Human Excellence Course – extension up to third year from 2008.
- Text books for six semesters were prepared and published in Tamil
- English translation of first value is completed.
- Translation of remaining text books are under process.
- “Vethathiriam 100 ” – book was published during Vethathiri Maharishi’s Centenary commemorative function.
Research and Extension activities in the department Research:
- S.Jeyalakshmi, (Asst., Professor) Studying M.Phil (YHE), project title “Solutions of Vethathiri Maharishi for World Peace” Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
- P.Veerasithi vinayagan (Asst., Professor) Studying M.Phil (YHE), project title “Effects on Personality development in college students” Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
- SIIMS – MBA Students Personality development programmes – 26.09.2012 to 03.10.2010 (II MBA) , & 15.10.2012 to 19.10.2012 (I MBA).
- Staff Personality development programme on 15.12.2011 to 17.12.2011.
- Staff Personality development programme on 13.06.2012.
- Staff Personality development programme on 28.11.2012 to 30.11.2012.
- Conducted class on ‘Manavalakalai Yoga’ @ N.S.S camp at R.Ponnapuram, Pollachi on 20.02.2012.
Student support activities
Director of Brain Trust.
Director of Brain Trust.
|5||Dr. N. Rajkumar, Former Principal of NGM college||The concepts of Personality development||08.09.2009|
|6||Prof. P. Nagarajan, Former Director of Human Excellence||Passion for Excellence||14.09.2009|
|7||Prof.V.Susila, N.G.M.college||Science and Society||02.02.2010|
|8||Dr. R. Muthukumaran, H.O.D. Of History, N.G.M.college||Politics and Society||15.02.2010|
|9||Dr. Nanchiyan, Former H.O.D of Tamil, N.G.M.college||Education and Society||08.03.2010|
|10||Dr. Amuthan, Honorary Professor of Tamil Dept., N.G.M.College.||The Greatness of Indian Culture||05.08.2010|
|11||Dr. R.Kannan, HOD of Botany||Ecological imbalance and solution.||04.01.2011|
|12||Dr. K.Nanchiyan, HOD of Tamil||Cultural degradation and solution||06.01.2011|
|13||Dr.Amuthan||Emergence of monoculture and solution.||18.01.2011|
|14||Dr.P.Badri Sriman Narayanan, Principal.||Global terrorism and solution||07.03.2011|
|15||Dr.N.Rajkumar, Former Principal.||Man is the cause and Man is the solution.||23.03.2011|
|16||Dr.Nagaraj, Deputy Controller of Examinations||Time Management||17.08.2011|
|17||Dr.K.Perumal , Director of Vision||Personality Development Course.||05.09.2011|
|18||Dr.S.Lachumanan, Director of Brain Trust.||Evolution of Universe||11.01.2013|
Quotations relevant to subject may be given elsewhere
- The H.E. Brings all kinds of peace i.e. Personal, Inter –personal, family, social, National, International.
- Conviction of the powers of goodness
- Absence of jealously and suspicion
- Helping all who are trying to be and do good.
- Moulds good character, increase the strength of mind expansion of intellect by which one can stand on one’s own feet.
- Purity, patience, perseverance and love and compassion are the common outcome.
- Proposal for P.G.courses in future
- Proposal for Major Project – “Human empowerment.”
- Proposal for 3 days National Conference in HEC.