Under Graduate Courses
UNDER GRADUATE PROGRAMMES – SPECIAL FEATURES
B.A (Economics), B.Com, and B.Sc ,Physics offer Vocational Training in Foreign Trade,
Tax procedures and instrumentation respectively .Regular Field trips and ‘on the Job training’ during summer vacation are the special features of the above programmes.
Computer papers are offered for all under –graduate programmes.
A Course on Human Excellence, Ethics and culture are part of the curriculum for all Under graduate students.
Career Guidance is available in the college to help the students is choosing Their career. The cell is giving training to face the various competitive examinations And personality development.
Financial assistance is available for poor and meritorious students.
BC ,MBC,SC/ST Scholarships
Student’s Aid Fund
Endowment prizes(Institute by donors)
Parent Teachers Association Endowment Prize (NGM-PTA)
State government Schemes.
POST – GRADUATE PROGRAMMES – SPECIAL FEATURES
M.Sc Mathematics :
In addition to conventional papers in Mathematics ,The course includes Oracle, Visual Basic and Internet & java.
M.sc Physics :
Equal emphasis is giving to both theoretical and practical oriented Papers in Advanced area of physics.
It lays special emphasis on Computer Applications to Business.On the job Training at leading industries is a novel feature of the curriculum.
CHOICE BASED CREDIT SYSTEM (CBCS)
- The college has introduced Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) from the Academic year 2004-2005 with the following objectives.
- To provide Choice in Choosing Courses of Study by students.
- To allot Credit Points to each and every paper of study according to the Weight age of teaching and learning experience.
- To increase the Horizon of Knowledge students by means of Core, Inter displinary, Ethics & culture, extra disciplinary, Foundation courses and life / job oriented courses.
- To allow the fast learners to earn Extra Credits from advanced courses.
- To maintain the total credit points of each programme on par with International Standards.
Self Finance Courses
Under Graduate Courses
- B.Sc. Mathematics
- B.Sc. Computer Science
- B.Sc. IT (Information Technology)
- B.Sc CT (Computer Technology)
- B.A. Tamil Literature
- B.Com Computer Applications
- B.Com E-Commerce
- B.Com Finance
- B.Com Banking and Insurance
- B.Com Professional Accounting
- B.Com Business Process Service
- B.A. English Literature
- B.Com. IB *Subject to approval
Post Graduate Courses
- M.A English Literature
- M.A. Tamil Literature
- M.Sc Computer Science
- M.Com CA
- M.Sc Chemistry
- M.Sc Botany
B.Com./B.B.A/B.Com CA/ B.Com -E.Com / B.Com – Finance/ B.Com – Banking / B.Com Insurance,
A pass in the higher secondary examination with the following subjects. Commerce, Accountancy, Mathematics, Statistics,Economics /Computer Science or any other examination accepted as equivalent thereto by the Bharathiar University.
B.Sc Computer Science, B.Sc.Physics, B.Sc Mathematics & B.Sc. Chemistry, B.Sc IT., B.Sc, CT
A pass in the higher secondary examination with the following subjects. Mathematics,Physics and Chemistry or any other examination accepted as equivalent thereto by the Bharathiar University.
B.A Tamil Literature
H.Sc Passed with Tamil as one of the subjects of study.
Post Graduate Courses – Special Features
M.C.A / M.Sc Computer Science / M.Com CA
Department is equipped with excellent infrastructure facilities and latest technological advancements. Latest curriculum with emphasis on specialized areas.
Master of International Business (M.I.B)
MIB is a programme for preparing managerial professionals capable of managing business operating at global level especially in the field of import and export.
M.S.W – Master Social Work
The Course is designed to cater to the students who plan their career in Town Planing, Medicine, Psyshiatry Social Work and Human Relations.
Special emphasis is given to Phonetics with focus on Speech Training, Modern Grammar, Linguistics, Media Writing, Journalistic Writing, Film Theory and Criticism Writing (TV and Radio).